17 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Likes:
  (Read 41882 times)  

I am trying to locate a Little Golden Book that I do not know the title of. It is about a little boy Bobby how has a nickel to spend. Can anyone give me the title? Thanks so much, Leslie

Hi, I used to have the book as a child, some 55 years ago( I'm now almost 62), and the name as I recall was "Bobby had a nickel". I just happened to be searching for it now, since I was also looking for "The Color Kittens" as well, along with "Mr Bear Squash You All Flat". Hope this helps.

My Best,
Bob Phelan

thoughtful

I have the book from when I was little and my grandkids just love it. But, I am missing the last page which tells what Bobby bought with his nickel. I wish I could remember what he bought because my grandkids and I have to make up our own thoughts of what he must have bought.

He spent his nickel to rider the Merry-Go-Round.

The question on the page prior is. Would you do the same?

-Steve

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

Steve, thank you so much... do you have this book?

Cheryl, I have if Bobby had a nickel....the last page is in it. Email me
LH2568@aol.com

happy

I am also searching for the book "Bobby Had a Nickel". If you find a source could you please email me? justjanet1@optonline.net Thank you so much and good luck in your search. I used to read the book to my son Bobby and now he has a son Bobby that he would like to read the same story to. It would mean so much to us all if we could find that book, Thanks again. Janet

Bobby Had a Nickel was my mother's favorite book. On her 90th birthday, we had the book cover reproduced on her birthday cake. She was president of Samuel Lowe Company after my father died in 1952 until she passed away eight years ago.

BTW, the book ends with Bobby using his nickel for a ride on the merry-go-round. Would you have done the same? It's so wonderful to hear this many years later how many ppl still remember the Bonnie Books and Golden Books. My father was also the first president of Golden Books and also created the BigLittle Books during the paper shortage of WWII.
Richard Lowe

The actual title is: Bobbie had a nickle
Not Bobby.
I have the book and it was given to me on my 1st birthday by an Aunt.
I am 66.

17 posts :: Page 1 of 2