6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 7376 times)  

Question There is this book that I remember from childhood that has bounced into my memorie often. I really want to track it down & get a copy but don't know the name.. It is a wonderfully colorful illustrated book w/ bears & there homes in trees & cottages (1 home had a great builtin dining nook that facinated me). They make homemade honey & flavored icecream for a party outside.. I don't know much else but really really want to track this down.. I turn 40 this July & I would read this when our parents visited some family friends who had children a few yrs older than I. Does anyone remember or know of a book like this.. I scour 2nd hand shops & garage sales etc.. but never find this.. You guys sure do know your kids books & thought some of you might remember this one. Thanks so much..

silly

I believe your thinking of Fourteen Bears, Summer and Winter. It sells for $100 ++

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

Thanks to the clue from the above poster I did a search & found out the title & author of the book I have been dreaming of..

here

Now I am not willing to pay $400 to get a copy. Could anyone who has a copy please email me at gdecourcy@yahoo.com so I may make arrangements for you to color copy the book for me so I & my kids can enjoy it. I will pay for copy & shipping cost. Thanks so much

Everyone enjoy the link above & check out the book.

angelic

The story of Fourteen Bears

By Evelyn Scott
Link to a site that has booK & author info & some pics Click on this underlined word http://www.logan.com/loganberry/most-scott.html here

The Fourteen Bears, Summer and Winter. Illustrated by Virginia Parsons. A Golden Book. Racine: Golden Press, 1969, 1973.
The Story of Fourteen Bears. Illustrated by Virginia Parsons. Golden Press, 1969

Now I am not willing to pay $400 to get a copy. Could anyone who has a copy please email me at gdecourcy@yahoo.com so I may make arrangements for you to color copy the book for me so I & my kids can enjoy it. I will pay for copy & shipping cost. Thanks so much

Everyone enjoy the link above & check out the book.

angelic

The fourteen bears summer and winter is supposed to be republished in May of 2005 and I hear it's only going to cost around $15.00!!

cheerful
6 posts :: Page 1 of 1