2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4304 times)  

I was going through some boxes in our garage and I found two "Baby's First Golden Book". They both have stitched bindings and wipe clean pages. They are in pretty good condition. I found one called "Baby's Toys" and one called "Mother Goose". The "Mother Goose" one has a couple pages where the "wipe clean" stuff is cracking off in a small spot, but otherwise they're in good condition.

The "Mother Goose" has this copyright on the inside front cover: MCMLIX and this number on the back cover: 10745. The "Baby's Toys" has this copyright on the inside front cover: MCMXLVIII, MCMLXXII and this number on the back cover: 10747.

I'm just curious if anyone can tell me anything about these books. I looked around the internet and found only one person selling the "Mother Goose" book for $40.00 and that's all I could find. I'd appreciate any help you can give! Thanks!

artistic
By: Likes:

These books were produced for very small children. Pages could be wiped clean and not easily torn.
Any book that has cracking is not rated as a good book, it would be poor. I do not find any high values on these books. If Eloise Wilkin illustrated it , the book could go for 18 or so. When persons list on ebay they can ask any price but does it sell??
Without seeing them, I would price them in the 5-8 dollar range.

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1