4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4867 times)  

I'm looking for a Little Golden Book I remember from my childhood - it was a recipe book illustrated with 2 little girls working in the kitchen. Seems like one of the recipes was for a salad that looked like a candle (made with a banana). Would love to find this book, any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

The title of the book is 'Susie's New Stove' The Little Chef's Cookbook. You sent me on quite a hunt as I thought of this title right away but couldn't find the book. I have the Little Chef Stove that is pictured in the book and went to see where I had it displayed and found the book!!!
CANDLE SALAD
You will need a banana,two slices of pineapple, two canned cherries, lettuce, a knife, two plates. Lay a piece of lettuce on each plate.Lay a slice of pineapple on the lettuce. Cut the banana in half, across. Stand the banana on the middle of each pineapple slice. Put a cherry on the top of each banana for a flame. Press it on lightly. Now for the soup and crackers!
You can look at the pictures if reading is a problem...great memories!

Thank you so much for the info. I will find this book - it holds a lot of memories for me.

I just listed "Susie's New Stove" on amazon

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y05Y0200488Y0883841/104-2231159-2152760

if you are still looking for a copy...the cover is a bit messed up but the inside is nice.

java

Junior
4 posts :: Page 1 of 1