8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 17145 times)  

I'm looking for a book that I believe is a Golden Book. I have little information but what I do know is that there was either a cat or a mouse named Stanislaus and the mouse said ""Hee,hee" snickered Ned "you'll never catch me I'm smarter than thee"". I think the book might be called Three Mice and a Cat. I would appreciate any help, even just to verify that that is the correct book.
Thanks

Three Mice and A Cat is a title to a Wonder book. It is illustrated by Art Seiden and written by Jean Horton Berg. I searched ebay and other book sources and cannot find one for sale today but suggest you check weeekly.The book value is listed at 25.00 Good luck, Holly

The cat is Stanislaus. The mice are Robert, Ned, and Sally-skip-under-the-bed. I too am looking for the book. : Laughing Out Loud

I just stumbled on this forum after putting that book title on
a search engine. Confused It has been a long, long time since I had
that book in my possession. ( I am 64 years old).
But I do remember that Stanislaus was described as wicked
and black.
--I must be having a second childhood to be thinking about
that Oops!

thoughtful

Have the book "Three Mice And a Cat" -in very poor condition...was well read to us many times over by mom! The cover is missing and also the last page. Does anyone know the words on the last page? The last page I DO have reads "How Black Stanislaus ever managed to catch Both Robert and Ned, who were more than his match....." . It may not even be the last page-can't remember the end!! Hope someone can help....Thanks! Smile

hopeful

that verse goes, "How black Stanislaus ever managed to catch both Robert and Ned, who were more than his match In boldness and skill (or at least so they said). Yet couldn't catch Sally-Skip-under-the-bed. I have the book, and know it by heart. My mother read it to me many times, and I now read it to my Grandchildren.

I'm 64 and have a very bashed copy. It was a much loved book and could do with being reprinted. My copy is buried deep in a trunk, and I think has pages missing. Sigh. My favourite book - I was Sally!!

I have recently acquired a copy of "Three Mice and a Cat" by Jean Horton Berg,1950, Wonder Books. I would be happy to sell this copy if anyone is interested. It is in excellent condition. From an old old country "buy everything store'. I have many other books from the 1940's (Pied Piper) books also for sale. Please e-mail me . I would be glad to assist.

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1