7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 8862 times)  

I am trying to find a little golden book that came with a 45 record. I believe these were called "read and hear little golden books", and they had several different stories. (Peter and the Wolf, The Boy with a Drum, Twas the nite before Christmas, etc.) The one I am having difficulty finding was about a little boy who dreamed about and then received an apple from Johnny Appleseed, an ax from Paul Bunyon, and a bucksin jacket from Davey Crockett on Christmas morning. Does anyone know the title and where I can obtain that book and record? Thank you. Smile

Bill D

cheerful

The title of a golden record is'How Lovely Is Christmas' and I seemed to remember a buckskin jacket related to this record. SO, I looked in my Read and Hear title listings and there it was...#215 How Lovely Is Christmas. When I pulled it off the shelf it read just like you remember it...good job! I searched 'read hear golden how lovely christmas' on ebay and only found the record but continue to search each week. I know it will appear for you. You can also search in antique malls or used record stores...Good luck,,,,

Goldhunt, THANK YOU!!!! I had that as a child and memorized it, to include the phrase, "now turn the page", and wanted to purchase it for my children. You have made my holiday, thank you so much and I hope that I can someday return the favor. Regards,
Bill Durkin
Big Grin Smile

Bill D

happy

Pass it on.

hello everyone, i am starting a golden book collection for my three and was wondering whaat are some of the rarest, i know little black sambo is and also like mommy, but i wonder what determines whats popular with other titles. please let me know, thank you and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caffeinated

Hello,
I am wondering if you have any idea where I could find the set of 6 christmas books with record. There was one record and it came with 6 books which were the following: (1) How Lovely Is Christmas (2) Jingle Bells (3) The Night Before Christmas (4) Rudolph The Red-nose Reindeer (5) The Twelve Days of Christmas (6) Frosty The Snowman

Little Black Sambo is now available as The Boy and the Tiger. It has collectible value for collectors of black memorbilia in addition to golden book collectors. Little Mommy had a very small printing run and is a book remembered by many who want it.

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1