7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 9012 times)  

Hi, I am new to collecting LGBs and have a question. I have just started collecting and found a copy of The Lively Little Rabbit at a used book store and on the front cover it has a gold strip on the top righthand corner where you would normally see the issue no i.e. 104-24 or for much earlier editions, the price 49 cents etc. Does this diminish the value of my book? Any advise would be greatly welcomed. Thanks Rachelsmommy

blank

The Lively Little Rabbit, 27th edition has very little value to begin with but if there is damage to the book it would have no value at all.

thank you.

Because you are new to collecting, go to the FAQ on this website( frequently asked questions) and learn how to identify editions and ages of books. It will help you learn. When I began to collect I just wanted the title. Just be careful not to pay to much so you can replace it with a better copy or edition .Good luck

I have also a copy of Tawny Scrawny Lion with a 39 cent mark on the front cover but no letter nor indication of the printing year. How do I know if this is a first edition and the year printed?

The 39 cent books are unique as some of the first printings are not marked. If you have used the ways to identify a first edition( and found none of the above) it is probably a first edition unmarked.These ways to identify can be found under FAQ on this website.

Thank you again. I already checked the FAQ section. I guess it is a unstated first edition. I was hoping to understand how to figure out the year it was printed or thereabout. I had assumed that 39 cents was the price that was charged for these books in the 70's but someone else told me that it was the 60's? Any clarifications for me?

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1