6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6501 times)  

When I was young we had a little golden book about an eskimo father and son who both went hunting, shooting and killing both an adult and a baby seal. It was my brother's favourite book. How he didn't end up being a serial killer is anyone's guess, as the book (from memory) was relatively graphic in its portrayal of the shootings. I would like to buy a copy of it but given it's non-politically correct contents is no doubt no longer still in print. My questions are: What is the book's title? Who was the author, and Where would I be likely to track a copy of it down, And at approximately what cost?

The title that came to mind is 'The Little Eskimo.' It has many of the items you remember in the story but some are a little different. You can search for this title on the ebay link on this website and see a few different books for purchase.

I have a copy from my friend's collection for sale on amazon http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y06Y4218692Y8978003/102-9239215-2524103 sadly, it is not in the best conidtion. Condition: Used - Acceptable Seller's comments: 1952 "A" ; Little Golden Book: cover has spine wear with small tear, edgewear, corner wear, two spots on front where stickers must have pulled off top layer of cover , names written on inside cover, a couple pages have very small scribbles. java

Junior

'The Little Eskimo' was written by Kathryn Jackson. It has a value of 16.00 in mint condition but very few books that age are mint. The most inexpensive place to buy is ebay. Good luck!

I've consulted with my mum, who seems to remember it being called something about "Pierre Bear", which rings a bell with me too. Has anyone else heard of it? Confused

'Pierre Bear' is the title of a golden book published in 1954 and it was illustrated by Richard Scarry.The value of a first edition mint would be 25.00.

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1