9 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 9936 times)  

I'm looking for a book that I don't have the name of! LOL I'm not even sure if it is a golden book. I remember reading it as a kid (i'm 26 now so not that long ago). It had the poem One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight... It also had a poem about an elephant, sitting on a fence maybe? I'd really appreciate any help. I just found my ALL time favorite book on ebay. Raggedy Ann and the cookie snatcher. I'm so excited. I can't wait to get it. Well thanks for any help you can give. Aimee

sleepy

Could it be "Pocketful of Nonsense" from 1992? I may have a copy...will look tomorrow, if I get the chance. java

Junior

Could it be "Pocketful of Nonsense" from 1992? I may have a copy...will look tomorrow, if I get the chance. java

Junior

I found that book on ebay. The cover does not look familiar. But I could be wrong...I was just a little kid. Thank you for your help though. I appreciate it.

blank

the copy of Pocketful of Nonsense we had...sold already... I know I saw a book of odd poems in these boxes of LGB as I sorted them...but I cannot put my finger on it right now... will post if I do think of it / find it. java

Junior
confused

it's not "Guy Gilchrist's Just Imagine" ..?...I sold that too..but check the cover picture on ebay for that one....maybe...

Junior

okay...it is NOT Guy Gilchrist's Just Imagine...I found a copy and it has nothing like you said!.....I also found a copy of Pocketful of Nonsense...and while is does have the "I asked my mother for a fifty cents to watch the elephant jump the fence. He jumped so high that he touched the sky and didn't come back till the fourth of July." it has NO POEM about boys...one fine day in teh middle of the night/fight...(unless it was an earlier edition.) .....if I come up with anything else I will let you know...but i may have exhausted my resources. java

Junior

it is most likely : A Rocket in My Pocket by Carl Withers. I do NOT KNOW if there ever was a Little Golden Book...(maybe goldhunt can tell us that) There was a Random house edition, a Scholastic edition, Henry Holt& co edition (original 1948),...I even THOUGHT I remembered seeing a LGB title like that...but I cant find it...anyway...there you are. (oh. .http://www.emule.com/2poetry/phorum/read.php?7,152095,152102 is a link I found that said where the poem originated...though there were others.) --java

Junior

You have been very helpfull. I appreciate all the help. I used to love that elephant poem also. Now that I know the poem, I might can get farther in my hunt for the book. Big Grin Thanks for all the help!! I really appreciate it. Aimee

silly
9 posts :: Page 1 of 1