3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4836 times)  

Hi. Fantastic site, great forum. I am slowly but surely trying to collect the Golden Books I remember from my childhood. I've been searching yard sales and second hand shops. I had two questions in regard to some Disney LGB books: First, I'm trying to remember the title of a WtP book in which Piglet puts pebbles in a sock, but the pebbles fall out. I'm almost 100% positive it was a LGB. Any ideas? The second question is in regard to a change in a book. When I was little in the early-to-[mid 80s, we had a copy of Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree. In the book, Christopher Robin used a BB gun to shoot down Pooh's balloon. A few weeks ago, I saw a copy of the book in a shop, but it wasn't the same. Christopher Robin did not have a gun. I am almost positive it was the same story, because Pooh was after honey and tried to use a balloon to get to the honey. Does anyone know if the book was changed because of the use of the gun? I know that my mother hated the book because Christopher Robin had a gun. That's probably the only reason I remember it! Thanks so much. I'm sure I'll have more questions in time!

confused

You need to find the first cover of this book. You want the cover with Pooh holding on to a balloon and Christoper Robin looking up at him. All editions after this cover have different artwork. -Steve Santi

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

I have an extra copy of this book for sale in the A edition. Please contact me through this website by hitting contact on the left. Your memory is good. I will look at other books to check out the pebble story. Holly

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1