2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3266 times)  

I recently acquired a collection of 12 Tiny Golden Books by Helen Kunhardt, illus. Garth Williams. They came in a collection of children´s books in which the owner wrote her name and date--all books dated between 1945 and 1951. The question I have is about the missing number in black circle that is found in the upper left hand corner of the other Tiny books I have seen. Mine do not have the number. Are mine the first printing? Why are my books missing the numbers?

I also acquired a Little Golden Book plus a real JIG-SAW PUZZLE. The pieces are missing. This is the first time I have seen a book with built-in puzzle. The title is When I Grow Up (1950 A). Can anyone tell me about the puzzle book(s)?

Tak!

By: Likes:

There were 12 puzzle books put out in the early 50´s. You have one of those titles. The puzzle was usually a picture from one of the pages.

The tiny books I am familiar with are all by Dorothy Kunhardt. The older boxed sets of 12 have no numbers on them, the newer versions do. I am not familiar on how to determine 1st edition on these books.

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1