3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6966 times)  

Hi, I purchased a golden book at a yard sale yesterday which at first I thought was a little golden book, but when I got a closer look it is merely a golden book, but is has a red spine, now I have heard of little golden books with a blue spine, but I'm curious of this books worth it is called, The Book of F Golden Book with red spine 619:39 1965. Thanks for any input you can give me.

curious

The series of alphabet books all have plain colored shiny spines red,green,blue,silver,gold.It came in a box of a complete set of the alphabet. What you have is one of those books. FYI-There are golden books with yellow, red and orange plain spines. We do not know why they have them or how many are printed. After collecting 20+ years I have a list but do not believe to be complete. These spines look like tape but are original.

I have a copy of "So Big" by the Wilkins with a red spine. I cannot find a printing inside, and assume it's a first. The verso page has this statement: "This is a brand-new book, written and illustrated especially for Golden Books."

The back cover has the characters in colored blocks surrounding a yellow block with a lengthy blurb about Golden Books and how more than one billion Golden books have gone in to the homes of children across the world.

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1