5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 11020 times)  

I have been trying to remember a favorite story about a little boy who is blind and is sad because it is a princess' birthday and he thinks he has nothing to give. He grows a stawberry for a princess and she is very happy to receive it. It taught me that everyone has something to give. I am quite sure it is a golden book ... a smaller sized one. It might have been illustrated by Eloise Wilkin. I have not been able to find it. If you can help me, I would be grateful. Gretchen

A Present for the Princess A Rand McNally Elf Book Author: Janie Lowe Paschall Copyright 1959

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

My father, who died when I was young, used to read me that book, A Present For The Princess, and it was my favorites story. How did it go.... "he asked the sun, but the sun didn't know"... Unless I am getting it confused... but he ended up giving her the strawberry and she kissed him, and he blushed. Good luck finding it! I am looking too.

there are 4 copies currently listed on amazon, but they are asking $95 + at this point Eek!

Junior
5 posts :: Page 1 of 1