4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 5841 times)  

A couple years back we were helping clear out my grandmother-in-laws house and ran across a box of late 1950's books. With a newborn I figured, hey kids books haven't changed much, so this will save us buying our own library. As 3 books were recently destroyed, it occurred to me that they might actually have value, so before any more were torn up, I decided to look and found some of them might be worth more to a collector than to us. All seem to be first editions and are in what eBay-er's and some stores seem to be calling "A" Very Good Quality.

• How to Tell Time #285
  • Wagon Train #326
  • Tom Thumb #353
  • Huckleberry Hound Builds a House #376
  • National Velvet #431
  • Hokey Wolf and Ding-a-Ling #444
  • Walt Disney's Uncle Remus #D6 (with a picture of the infamous tar baby on the cover!)
  • Walt Disney's Zorro and the Secret Plan #D77
  • Walt Disney's Darby O'Gill #D81
  • Walt Disney's The Shaggy Dog #D82
Destroyed were a Hansel & Gretel, Scuffy the Tugboat and Donald Duck and His Toy Train. Just curious which ones I should save away versus let the kids actually read. TIA!

cheerful

A few more were hiding in the wings: Three Little Kittens #381 Walt Disney's Lucky Puppy #D87 WD's Manni the Donkey #D75 and an obviously seldom touched "Bonnie Book" called Hear Our Prayer #4242 Is there a book I should check out from the library that could give me more guidance?

awake

A Little Golden Book collectors guide by Santi can be found at your local library to help you find which books might have more value. A few of the titles you listed have different covers and editions so this book would be helpful to price them.The Bonnie book can be also found in his 4th edition. I do not see any 100.00 books but some might go to the 25.00 range. Remember , the book must be in mint condition to be of the largest value.

Thanks. My mother is a librarian and has reserved the book for me Smile

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1