6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6736 times)  

Does the first edition of this golden book have an illustration of a child going up a stairway to a lounge? Does this book also have a portable stairway leading to a plane? Thanks.

On other forums and sales sites, people have given me conflicting information about the A edition of this book. Someone said it had 40 pages; another, said it had only 26. Someone said it did have a lounge, others said 'definitely not!' Have I confused this book with any other golden book or wonderbook...? Thanks.

Airplanes as a golden book had two different numbers...books are by the same author but different illustrators. 180- has 28( 14 leafs) pages and was illustrated by combes. It does have a portable stairway to a plane outside on the runway. I cannot see a lounge in the pages. 373- has 24 pages and was illustrated by savage. It also has a portable stairway but no lounge that I can see. These books are about the different types of planes and what they an do. I will look at a couple other books about flying and if I see the two things you are looking for I will post again.

Thanks. I remember the book from the early 50's and have been trying to locate a copy for the longest time. I really appreciate your help.

do any of the planes have a second floor? Maybe it wasn't a lounge. (It's hard to remember back to 1954.)

The passenger planes are in cutaway to show the seats and hold with luggage. I am starting to get in your head. The passengers deplaning are going into the airport....could that be your lounge??? I would suggest you search for these copies on ebay and see if the cover strikes you.The other two books I was researching are much newer. I will go back to the 50's and look again.....

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1