6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6718 times)  

When I was very young (I'm 61 now) one of my favorite books was one about an old car that was in disrepair and neglected. As I recall it was restored by a man who had a family and the car lived happily everafter. I do not recall the name of the book or if it was a golden book for sure but I think it was. If anyone could help me identify it's name and somewhere I might get a copy I would be very grateful. I now have six grandkids and would love to read it to them.

Anybody out there? Any information would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

If the cars name was Gabriel, your title is The Little Car that Wanted a Garage. This is a Wonder Book. Author: Catherine Woolley Copyright: 1952

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

lgbsteve Thanks for your reply. That name does not ring a bell with me. I think it was another title but I just cannot remember what that is!?

How about the Bonnie Book, Hesperus. Copyright: 1949

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I had not checked to see if there were any further replies. You are correct! That was the book. I would have never remembered the name. I just ordered one that was available on Ebay. Thank you very, very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1