2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3348 times)  

Hi. I'm looking for info on a Golden Book (or LGB?) whose title I don't know, unfortunately. I'm not a collector, just trying to locate a copy or 2 of a beloved book.

It was a childhood favorite that my wicked stepmother Wink threw away a number of years ago and that my sister and I have been unable to track down. The hardback book was a collection of the classic stories that included (forgive me here, collectors, because I don't know exact titles) Pokey Little Puppy, Little Fat Policeman, Five Little Firemen, Scruffy the Tugboat, Ukelele and Her New Doll, Little Boy With the Big Horn, Saggy Baggy Elephant, Tawny Scrawny Lion, and many others. No bible stories, no Disney stories. Not a dictionary. Not verses.

The book was probably 2-3 inches thick (maybe 75-100 pgs), and not more than about 9x7inches length by width. Our copy did not have a dust jacket. I don't know if it would have originally come with one, but in any case if I were to see a picture of the book (say, in a catalog) with its jacket intact that would NOT help me to recognize it since our copy never had one. I remember a solid orange cover with the GB spine in a non-metallic (not foil-like) gold. It was the 1970s when we enjoyed this book-- it was definitely published before 1983.

I'd appreciate any info anyone could give me about this book! Thank you.

By: Likes:

This sounds like a description of "The Little Golden Book Library". It is a set of four books. One of them is colored orange with a yellow and brown binding. Each other book is a different color with that binding. They have the stories you remember. Try ebay by clicking on the logo on the front page of this website and search for that title. Good luck.

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1