7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 7832 times)  

When I was a little younger (somewhere in the early 1950's) there was a golden book about some animals painting a tree that belonged to one of the animals. In fact it was the animals house, with a door in the trunk, that sort of thing. I cannot remember the name of the book. I would love to find out the name of the book and aquire a copy if possible.

I am not sure if this is the book you are looking for but I have recently acquired some older Golden Books and the one titled "The Color Kittens" seems to be similar to the book you speak of.

You may view this book on eBay where I have listed the whole collecion that I acquired at the URL below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1553134980

No that's not it. These were woodland animals drawn more like the Uncle Wiggly book cover you show. I remember that the paint was very thick. I also seem to remember that they were not supposed to paint the tree or something, it has been a while so my recollection is doubtless a bit fuzzy.

I apologize for not looking over the stories that I have more carefully! I opened Uncle Wiggily and what do you suppose was the first page about?? Uncle Wiggily the rabbit painting Nurse Jane's tree shape house with a little door "sky blue pink". He is soon accompanied by Billie the goat and a pair of bull dogs named Peetie and Jackie.

Thanks, I hate to buy the whole collection for just one book, but I suppose if the price does not go too high on the bidding I can offload the other books on someone else....

Ken Davis

You will be able to find the book by itself. It is offered pretty often and you shouldn't have to pay more than about $10. I am glad that we found the one you are looking for though. The collection that I have listed will most likely go pretty high (listen to me....high hopes right!?) and it wouldn't be worth it for you to get them all if all you want is the one. Good luck!
Kelly

I have been looking for the book you were describing as well. Could you tell me the exact title. Or even if you still have the picture you told for the auction.
my email is: wildorchids3@yahoo.com
thank you
Angela

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1