4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4732 times)  

I am looking for a large storybook that I had as a child. I remember that the first story in the book was Make Way for the Thruway/Freeway. It also had Little Yip Yip and His Bark, Rupert the Rhinoceros, The Saggy Baggy Elephant, The Tawny Scrawny Lion and The Seven Sneezes (not sure if this is the actual title of the story). Any idea what this book may be? On another site I found a reference to someone's memory of a book they called the Big Red Book of Little Golden Books. Could this be the book I am seeking?

I am not familiar with that title. There are many ' A Treasury of Little Golden Books'. I looked through the ones I own...none of which are red and cannot find Make Way For the Thruway in the titles. The rest of the stories are there. The oldest one with a white cover I do not own. It would have to be an older book as the title was changed to Make Way For the Highway in later printings.

Found the book in my childhood bedroom closet. The title was "Great big book of bedtime stories" published by Golden Press in about 1967. The first story was not "Make way for the thruway," which is what I remembered. Memory is a funny thing, I guess.

excited

I know the book you are speaking of. I looked and looked no one seems to know about the book.

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1