6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 5591 times)  

Greetings! I am researching this for a dear friend who is anxious to find out the name of a Golden Book that she reads to her grandchildren. It has become a favorite, but she is curious of it's title because the book has no cover! Can anyone help solve the mystery? This is how the storyline goes:

<<The Golden Book is a story of a family, mom,dad and three kids... the boy Ty, the two girls Julie and Susie they are going to the family's new cabin in the woods when they get there it starts to rain hard, kids are sad, mom says let's have fun inside, they get to work... dad and ty build shelves, mom and Julie sew curtains and susie paints a wooden stool green. after lunch dad brings out decals and they put them on the cabinets and bunk beds etc. (The book came with a page of decals for me to do) then the sun comes out and they all go swimming and they say its the best picnic ever............>>

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help!
Best to you and yours,
Diane

confused

The only older book with decals was 'Fun With Decals'. Illustrator Corinne Malvern. Author Elsa Ruth Nast
It was first published in 1952. I will check out the story after work.

THAT'S IT! Thank you so much for helping us with the mystery. We spent all day Friday at an antique mall going thru every booth looking for Little Golden Books just to see if we could find a title to fit the pages. I love a challenge, but this one was beyond our scope and your forum and keen knowledge was the key.
Many thanks,
Diane
Wichita, Kansas

happy

It is the storyline of the book 'Fun With Decals.'

Well this experience has sparked such an interest now that perhaps 2 more people in this world will be collecting Little Golden books. We were both engrossed in titles we recognized from years past and oo-ing and ah-ing over the illustrations. I feel the bug hitting me! Again, we thank you for your expertice.
Hope to "talk" again in the future.
Regards,
Diane

hopeful

If you read my bio...grandchildren started my collection. I love the memories also...good luck...any questions, just ask. I would reccomend a good guidebook to help you along. Also make the rule never to overpay or get caught in the moment! I have broken that rule few times and usually am disappointed in the result. I have waited 15 years for the black cover of the 3 bears. I recently acquired it at far less than most pay for it. The hunt is the fun!

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1