7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 7989 times)  

I have acquired 1500 LGB's of various titles and conditions. In sorting these, I came across two books with the same titles but different books altogether. The Title is "The New Baby".

I have "The New Baby" illustrated by Wilkin with a monther and a little boy looking at the baby on the front (306-43). It is about how the little boy, Mike, adjusts to having a new baby in the house. It starts with a "buggy" or stroller being delivered and ends with Mike holding the baby. This one is about 24 pages

Then I have "The New Baby" illustrated by Wilkin that looks like the "Baby Dear" cover. It even reads like "Baby Dear"? (306-68)

Little confused here. Question Is one a misprint or do we have two different books same title?

I will be offering the duplicates for sale but will post that on the other forum. Big Grin

confused

I own 9 'The New Baby' books. 7 of them have different looking covers( variations). The one you speak of says inside the cover formerly baby dear, I believe.

Yes it does. Ooops. Thanks. Oops!

Maybe two more questions. Big Grin (I really need to get a guide) I received an email from someone looking for a book who didn't have a title. The book is

"about kittens (that really narrows it down, huh? LOL!) and the story is something about grapes on the fence in front of their house. I think maybe they got in trouble for eating them all."

I have "The Good Old Days" but that is Blueberries in the woods, not grapes in front of the house. If I had a title to go with this one, it would help. Question

Also, I have two completely blank LGB's. Gold spine and back cover but everything else is blank. Haven't seen anything like it before (and I have over 700 titles on my shelf). Question

Thanks again for your help.

THE BLANK BOOKS WERE FIRST GIVEN OUT BY WALMART SO CHILDREN COULD WRITE A STORY. They now can be purchased in sets with crayons, stickers and such at WalMart. They are not that unusual. If you decide to keep one in yout collection , please note there are two different backs on the blank books. So you could keep two...but where to catalog them without a title...LOL

You do need a guide but it still will not answer a lot of questions.....

I am not familiar with this storyline. Many books that people think are lgb's are wonder , tell a tale, bonnie, elf books...only collectors realize the difference...good luck!

Thanks so much for your help. I will check the backs and see which blanks I have. Might even write a couple of stories for my girls. Hmmmmmm. But who to get to illustrate them? Suppose Wilkins is available? Laughing Out Loud Anyway, thanks again. I really do appreciate it.

The one and only that I did for my golden book friend used photos, cut pages out of golden books, some sketching and words that fit our friendship....Good luck!

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1