3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 5345 times)  

I have a few Little Golden Books that used to be my grandmother's way back when. They are in rough condition (some of them), but very old. I was curious to find out if they had any value or not. These are the books I have:

It's Howdy Doody Time by Edward Kean - Copyright 1955 (missing front cover and some scribbling)

Scuffy the Tugboat by Gertrude Crampton - Copyright 1956 (has some scribbles in it)

Hansel and Gretel by the Brothers Grim - Copyright 1954 (in rough shape. Has front cover, but not the back. Has all pages, but many are torn. All are legible. Some scribbling inside)

Bil Baird's Whisteling Wizard by Alan Stern and can't see other name) -Copyright 1953 (a few pages torn so can't see the words, front cover is taped)

Walt Disney's Dumbo - Copyright 1947 (missing back cover and some scribbling inside)

Mother Goose by Phyllis Fraser - Copyright 1942 (missing back cover, some scribbling and all pages legible except for back page-it's ripped)

Can anyone tell me what value these books have, if any? Thanks a lot.

curious

Sorry to say, that once you use the words missing or scribbled in a books description, the value of the book to a collector would be pretty much nothing. If a collector did purchase they would pay very little knowing that they would need to replace it at a later date for a better copy.

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

I have a mis printed book as well....'Bugs bunny carrot machine' and when you open it, it's the 'Little Mermaid - Ariel's underwater adventure'....then ends with bugs bunny.

cheerful
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1