3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4507 times)  

I am looking for a Richard Scarry book. All I remember about it was the cover. It had a dad and kid bear sitting in a living room reading what I assumed were bedtime stories. It was a big red book and it had tons of stories in it but it also had pages in it that were just pictures, like of a town and then it would have words telling you what the pictures were. An example is (I think) one of the "stories" was a day at the playground or something like that. And it had pictures of a playground and then it would have the words. Like under a swing it would say "swing" The other thing I remember about the front of the book was that the book the bears were was the same book you were reading. Meaning, it had the same picture of the bears in a chair, reading a big red book. In fact one of my favorite things about it was the fact that the picture on the book the bears were reading went on and on. Kind of like looking in two mirrors and seeing your reflection repeated over and over. I know this is long and hopefully I was clear enough that you understood everything! Thanks so much! Oh, on last thing. This book had to have been published in the early 80's or before. I was born in 1980 and I had it when I was really little. Like 3 or so. I hate that I got rid of it! If I ever had it in the first place. I'm starting to think I made it up!

I KNOW THE BOOK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!
I am looking high and low for the book. I dont know why I thought the book had a daddy lion and and his cub, but it was a daddy bear and a cub. I know exactly the book your talking about. I called Random House for some reason they did'nt know what I was talking about.
Good Luck on finding it. The closest I got was The Big Collection of Littlle Golden Books, great collection but not as awesome as the book we are looking for.
Don't worry you are not crazy lol

The book your looking for does have the Lion reading to a lion cub and a bear cub. It's not a Ricard Scarry Book, though.

The title is Tibor Gergely's Great Bib Book Of Bedtime Stories.

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1