12 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Likes:
  (Read 33087 times)  

I just found this site and I hope you can help me find the title to a book I remember as a child in the 1950's.
The story was about a brother and sister that live at the edge of forest and find a key and tree with a keyhole. Turning the key transports them to fairyland where they play with the fairy's and attend the fairy ball. They fall asleep after the ball and find themseles back at the tree and they still have the key and they see that they can return any time back for a visit to fairyland. That is how I remember the story, I may be a little off. I know it was a Little Golden Book, but I can't find it anywhere. I thought the title was The Magic Key, but I am wrong. Does anyone remember this book and know the name of it? Thank you so much for your help!

The Magic Key, A Jolly Book. Can be difficult to find. Magic Key, The Illus.: Holland, Sylvia Author: Francis, Mary

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

Thank you so much! I am not a collector, so I am not up on the different publishers. It seemed like a golden book to a child's eye. I will keep my eyes open for it. It was a wonderful story.

I have been searching for this book for YEARS!!!

Memories of my childhood, it was mt favourite book, but got lost when we moved house.

Any idea how I would go about finding a copy? Big Grin

happy

Perhaps you can find it on ebay. There is a want it now section.

I've already tried ebay, but sadly no luck Frown . But thank you anyway.. Wink

happy

It's on ebay now, until april 12

Did you ever find the Magic Key? I am looking too.

Did you ever find the Magic Key? I am looking too.

I am also trying to find a copy of "The Magic Key" for my grandaughter. Does anyone out there know where one is to be had?
Next to "Grandpa Bunny", this was my favorite book as a child.

curious
12 posts :: Page 1 of 2