4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 5780 times)  

I have a LGB "Surprise for Sally", 1950. I think it's an "A" but I'm not sure. I can't find a letter on the last page, I looked pretty closely. It looks like photos I've seen of the "A" of this book. The back cover has a list of "The Little Golden Library" with an ornate gold border. Any idea of how I can tell what edition it is? If it's an "A", any idea of the value? It's in good condition and I see 2 have sold on ebay for $35 and $51. Thanks.

The 1950 is a copyright for the story and has nothing to do with publication. This vintage book will have a letter in the back . The letter can be just under the spine...look carefully. It is not an A without the letter in the back. I cannot tell you the value as you say nothing of the the condition of the book.

I finally found the letter in the back. It is an "A" but I didn't see it because it was hidden by some of the other printing on the page. The book is worn, the corners are not sharp. There are no notable problems with the condition otherwise, no missing pages, writing inside, tears.

I think I'm going to have to find a copy of Warman's guide. I found about 100 LGBs in a box at my grandfather's house and about half of them are "A"s from the 40's, 50's, and 60's. Thanks.

I wouls suggest a guide by Santi. You can purchase one or see your local library.

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1