6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6466 times)  

I am desperate to find the title of one of the Little Golden Books. It would probably be between 35 to 45 years old. I only have a small recollection of it, but it is bugging me what it is. It's about a little girl who, I think has a variety of dolls of different nationalities. Does anyone have a clue what this book would be? I can't really give any more info, because that's all I remember. Any help would really be appreciated. I would love to purchase this book to read to my grandchildren, and of course, also for memories sake. Thanks so much.

If so a wonder book from the 50's.

It is one of two books.
A Surprise Doll which is a wonder book or Dolls From Many Lands which is a Ding Dong School book.

Thank you so much. It was, "The Surprise Doll." I found the book on e-bay and purchased it. It was such a relief to finally find it. I alway's thought it was a Little Golden Book, but I was very young when I had it, so I didn't remember correctly It was truly a joy reading it to my granddaughters. Anyway, thanks again for all your help.

I am glad I could help...it makes my website fun.

Yes! This was one of my favorite books when I was young! It was called Dolls of Other Lands and it is by Dr. Frances Horwich (otherwise known as Miss Frances from Ding Dong School). It was published by Rand McNally around 1955. It was about a girl who fixes breakfast for her dolls from other countries. I remember one being Japanese and one being Greek. Hope this helps!

happy
6 posts :: Page 1 of 1