6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 10552 times)  

I have a collection of the the VERY 1st twelve books of the Little Golden Book Collection. Printed in 1959. Still in the box and the books have never been opened. Looking for the value of the collection. ANYONE?

hopeful

Could you describe the box they are in?? It would help me decide which set you have , hopefully???

Thank you for your response! It is a blue box with a white puppy with black spots on two of the sides of the box. The 12 books pull out of the side of the box. On the front it says, The First Twelve Little Golden Books Collectors Edition. On the back it has the titles of the twelve books and also says originally published in 1942. The bottom of the box has a number on it, 59611. I hope this helps!

The box you describe is the reprints that came out for golden books 50th anniversary in 1992. There were two designs that looked the same but one was numbered and brought our by the company and the other sold on QVC. From the number you state I am guessing you have the QVC set. The books will show inside that they are reissues on occasion of the 50th anniversary. I would guesstimate about 40.oo.

Thanks again! I just wanted to make sure that this was the set that you had described to me. I opened up one of the books and it does have that statement about the 50th anniversery on the inside of the 1st page. Underneath that statement it says, 1942 Western Publishing Company, Inc. Copyright renewed 1969. And then another 4 lines of sentences underneath that, then ending with a number. It reads as ISBN: 0-307-30100-1 A MCMXCII. Inside the box there is also a Certificate of Authenticity. Its a little bit bigger than the size of a personal check and the color is white with blue writing and a blue border. I appreciate your help!!!

I have a gold box with a blue circle in the middle stating "50 years of little golden Books 1942-1992" "A commemorative set of the first twelve little golden books. I only have 6 books and box is in not the greatest condition.. any ideas about selling price ???

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1