8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 15304 times)  

Has anyone out there got an early edition of Brave Cowboy Bill. I don't want to buy it as I have a later version already for my grandchildren and I need to settle an old arguement about the wording on the last page re "No-one ever argued with the Daring Cowboy Bill" . I would appreciate a reply from anyone who has this version printed probably round 1950.

The last page states:
And a gallop up the hill. And how no one EVER argued with the daring Cowboy Bill.

To Goldhunt
On the last page of BCBill is there a reference to "and Cowboy Bill never argued with his mother"
This would only be in the very early version/s Thanks

I have an early version it was my uncle's when he was a boy and it says, a gallop up the hill and no one ever argued with the brave cowboy bill. I read it to my son almost everynight and i can recite it almost by heart. I think the print date on mine is 1950.

Thanks Blosangel
I was sure there was a line at the end about BCB never argueing with his mother. But if it is not in your copy (on the last page) then I guess my wife is right. She reckons it was added by my mother when she read it to me to keep me in line. However if anyone can ever prove her wrong please let me know. It seems they don't print BCB any more. Pity. I remember it was my favourite.

I gave you the last page wording from the 50's version. There is a record of Brave Cowboy Bill and I believe that had a line about never arguing with his mother, I will check it out. Did you have golden record??

Thanks Goldhunt. No I never had any Golden Records. Did not know they existed. Also I can't recall getting a puzzle with BCB which I keep reading about. Maybe that did not apply in Australia.

Is there anyway to find the words from the book? Is there any chance of getting a copy at a reasonable price? I want it for my grandson, but am not going to pay $50!

thoughtful
8 posts :: Page 1 of 1