3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 5239 times)  

Hi, I'm new to collecting Little Golden Books. Well I've been collecting them for a while, but have just decided to take more of an interest in what I have and how old they are/how much are they worth. Out of all I have I think these two are the oldest/most valuable. "THe Happy Golden ABC" is Sixth Printing, 1976 and it has '49 cents' in the right corner. It's in good condition I guess (wear on the cover, but pages are good no writing or anything.) "Tawny Scrawny Lion" is Twelfth Printing, 1979 and has '69 cents' in the right corner. Same condition as the other one.
Is it simply how old a book is that determines it's value?

Both of your titles may be worth a quarter. What determines the value of a book is the age (not copyright), the edition, condition and who many people want it.
In the case of your titles there were so many reprints that they can be easily found at a local garage sale.

Before getting to involved in collecting I would recommend reading the FAQ on this site : FAQ or information for new collectors can also be found here: New Collector Information.

A guide book either purchased or from your local library will help you in understanding what books have or will hold value better then others.

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

tiff1124:
Good advice from lgbsteve.
How badly someone wants a particular book enters into it as well....if a book has a special sentimental value to someone, they are unlikely to want to spend months hunting garage sales or thrift stores for it...they'd rather pay more for the convenience of getting it immediately.

cheerful
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1