8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 11584 times)  

Walt Disney's "Once Upon a Wintertime", 1#D12, 948,1950. Good condition.

Dale Evans and the Coyote, #253, 1956, fair condition.

Wondering about approximate values.

Thanks!

Years mean nothing to golden books as they are for the stories. I would need to know what editions you own and how many pages are in each book. Read the FAQ to help you determine this.

Walt Disney's "Once Upon a Wintertime", #D12, 1948,1950. Good condition. There is an "A" on the last page. The price is 35 cents.

"Dale Evans and the Coyote", #253, 1956. Fair condition. There is no letter on the last page, but on the first page it says "This is a brand-new book, written and illustrated especially for Golden Books". The price 25 cents.

D12 sold for 25 cents in the US and has a book value for a mint copy of 20.00. I believe the book sold for 35 in Canada but do not know their values. #253 has to have an edtion on it. Did you look under the spine on the back page? Sometimes it is covered by the tight staple.

You're right, there was an "A" hidden under the spine.

This book in mint condition is valued at 20.00.

hello i have a 1948 once upon a wintertime with a b on the last page

The edition letter (A,B,C,D,etc) doesn't change the value really in today's collections. Even though everyone wants an A, they are sometimes hard to find. You should get around the same price listed for the above quote. But, only expect that much if your book is like new. The economy has really discounted LGBs values, along with many other vintage collector books. If you have a lot of books, it's best to at least invest in a Field Guide of LGBs. It gives a roundabout price for books. You just have to remember the values have gone down from the prices listed.

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1