4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 8493 times)  

I have a "Little Silver Book," and yes it's been put on eBay, that I can't find out a lot about. This was printed in 1956 and here's what I was able to find out and put in the listing:

My Snuggly Bunny, A Little Silver Book. Extra rare first edition!
This collector's item is by Patsy Scarry with pictures by Eloise Wilkin. Printed by Golden Press, I believe the difference between the Little Golden Books and the Little Silver Books is that the Little Silver Books are softcover, meaning that their survival in good condition over the last fifty years is rare. This particular copy is in very good condition, with only a very small "rub" near the top staple on front, one small wrinkle near the top right corner, and a "bump" or two along the top edge on the front. The back cover has only a similar small wrinkle opposite what is on the corner on the front. The picture is good and you can see what I'm referring to. The pages are pristine with no wrinkling or marks of any kind. This is a very special book that should be in any children's book collector's library, but given that I can't find very many others like this on the Internet only a few will be able to have one like it.

This series was released around 1958 as a less expensive version of Little Golden Books (19c compared to 25c). There were I believe 13 titles. The series was finished by 1959. All the stories were previously released as Little Golden Books.

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

I am researching Little Silver books, as that I've found one and didnt know they existed. I have "When I Grow Up" by Kay and Harry Mace. What I've read so far from this blog is that they were published between 1958 and 59. The one I have says 1950. Can you tell me any more about these?

-Kathryn

The copyright date does not tell you when your book was published, only when the story was copyrighted. In the case of When I Grow Up the 1950 date is when the story was copyrighted as a Little Golden Book. The Little Silver Books were soft cover, lower price editions of Little Golden Book stories.

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1