4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4587 times)  

I remember having a book when I was little about a girl being like her mommy. The mommy had a new baby and the little girl did all the things her mom did with her baby. I havent had any luck finding it. I know there is a page where they are bathing there babies and walking them. I really want to find this book to read to my little girl. Thanks

Hi

I think this books is called "Little Mommy". I had it too as a child and have recently bought it again.

It is a lovely story and reminds me of my own childhood.

Jo

Hi
I think it is Little Mommy, and you can order it and many other Golden books at www.schultzsllc.com. Thanks, Dick.

I really think the book you're remembering is "Baby Dear", LGB #466, c. 1962. Author is Esther Wilkins and illustrator is Eloise Wilkin. I have both "Little Mommy" and "Baby Dear", but only the latter tells of the little girl's mommy having a new baby. Your recollections of them both bathing their babies and walking them in carriages together are correct. I just don't know whether "Baby Dear" is still in print; if not, check online at used bookstore sites. My little girls (now grown up) loved both these books, and now I'm enjoying reading them to my two little granddaughters, so I hope you can find a copy for your daughter--best of luck!

nana/mama

Chatty
thoughtful
4 posts :: Page 1 of 1