7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 10204 times)  

I have looked for reference to this "turn over" book in this forum and elsewhere and just can't find it I had this book in the early 1960's and we used to get a kick out of the stereotypical family roles. I loved this book! You read one side (Just Like Mommy) and flip it over to the other (Just Like Daddy)....Just Like Mommy showed the kids baking cookies....Just like Daddy had the kid helping Daddy mow the lawn. I would like to know any identifying info about this book....number, author, illustrator, etc. Does anyone else know this book? Does anyone own it?

The book you seek is a Sesame Street large golden book. It is titled I'm My Mommy/ I'm My Daddy by Daniel Wilcox illustrated by Mel Crawford. When I searched i'm my daddy on ebay, it shows a book for sale. Good luck!

Thanks for the attempt, goldhunt, but that's not it. The book I seek predates Sesame Street and its imprint by at least 15 years, likely more.

I will continue to look. This title is the only golden book I know of with that format but there could be more...

The book leslieh5 is looking for is actually two books but they were published under one cover in the "flip-flop" or back-to-back style. The publication detials are as follows:

Patty Simon, "Just like Daddy," New Your: Wonder Books, 1952.
Patty Simon, "Just like Mommy," New Your: Wonder Books, 1952.
(with illustrations by Alison Cummings)

As you will note, the book was published by Wonder Books not Little Golden Books and is listed in the Library of Congress with the call number: PZ7.S6054 Ju

You can also buy a secondhand copy of the book on: amazon.com
Hope this helps!

Oops -- that should have been New York...

I'm not sure if you still check but the author of the book is Bobby Simon and the pictures were by Eleanor Dart. I have the book but it is in terrible condition. It was a two-in-one Wonder Book.

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1