5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 5550 times)  

Love a book that was given to me around 1950. It was about a little girl dressing up in her mother's clothes. I specifically remember the large shoes she was wearing....great illustrations. Know the name?

Aaah! I wanna find out this book title also! The book itself came to my memory this morning and I can't find it!
I remember the big sun hat the girl tried on

I have a book titled Come Play House, illustrated by Eloise Wilkin and first published in 1948. On the cover, the little girl is wearing her mother's high heels and a large hat, and pushing a stroller with a teddy bear in it (wearing a sweater and knit cap). Could this be the book you recall?

nana/mama

Chatty
thoughtful

It might be " Where did the baby go?" I was looking for the same book and found it through google images. She dresses up in her mothers clothes during the story and a big hat.

Actually, the story "Where Did the Baby Go?" was published in 1974 (I got it when my daughter, also born in 1974, was young). The person asking about the book said she received it around 1950, so "Come Play House", published in 1948, seems more likely to be the one, although there are undoubtedly other possible answers (I don't own EVERY Little Golden Book ever published; wouldn't that be fun?!)

nana/mama

Chatty
thoughtful
5 posts :: Page 1 of 1