3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4585 times)  

I just recently happened upon this site and have had a rewarding experience viewing the forum questions and answers. It has been great fun answering some of the questions on stories people only half-remember and want to know their titles, etc. Now I have a few questions of my own. A few of my books, collected over the last 35 years from thrift shops, antique shops, and most recently online, are missing a page or two. I'd love it if anyone who has these titles could let me know the missing text--when my five children were small, I'd just make up the missing parts. But now I'd love to be able to read the actual words to my three grandchildren. The books are: Donald Duck's Safety Book (last page)
The Boy Who Wouldn't Eat His Breakfast (last page)--a Wonder Book
Little Benny Wanted a Pony (page between "Next to the hat shop went Little Benny" and "The dairymaid dimpled "Not a one for sale")
A Day at the Zoo (page between "Molly sees a great gray elephant" and "and two proud American Eagles") and last page also.

I hope someone can tell me what is missing--thanks for any help on this!

nana/mama

Chatty
curious

In Little Benny it reads
" An angry frown?" the hat man cries.
"You'll spoil your hat with a frown inside."
He went to the dairy: " O dairymaid, say
Could I buy an angry frown today?"

In A Day at the Zoo it reads
and some small striped zebras.
She sees gruff old alligators
the last page reads
" Will it spoil my wish to tell?" asks Molly.
" Not if you just tell me," says her Daddy.
" I wished to go to the zoo again," says Molly.
" That is a good wish," says her Daddy." It will surely come true."
and the backside is a song.

Thank you so much for the missing text information for the Little Benny and Molly at the zoo stories! I still need the last page of the Donald Duck Safety Book, also last page of The Boy Who Wouldn't Eat His Breakfast. If anyone who has either of those stories could let me know that information, I would really appreciate it! Thanks again!

nana/mama

Chatty
happy
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1