3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4717 times)  

This book by Louise Wood*censored*, illustrated by Eloise Wilkin, LGB #188, is one we had in our family collection in the 1950's (copyright 1954). I remembered it when I saw the cover and a few pictures online of some of the pages to the story. I do plan to obtain my own copy ASAP, but meanwhile, here's a question. I wonder if it is the same story I have some sketchy memories of and dearly loved--I KNOW the story I vaguely recall was illustrated by Eloise Wilkin, one of my favorites! Somewhere in the story, a little boy and little girl (named in the book, but I forgot what) went missing and I think they turned up on or about the last page. Is this the book "Hi Ho! Three in a Row"? I'd love to find out the answer! Incidentally, I checked the list of the LGB Collector's books posted on this site, and this book, plus the books I had questions on about missing parts of the texts (all except the Wonder Book "The Boy Who Wouldn't Eat His Breakfast") were all on your list. Could you let me know the answers I seek, whenever possible? Thanks so much!

nana/mama

Chatty
hopeful

This story is about children finding things in threes or doing things in threes. At the end of the book all of the children that are in the book come together to play at the playground. It doesn't seem to be the book you remember.

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

Hi Ho, Steve! Today I received in the mail my copy of Hi Ho! Three in a Row, which I had recently found online. It was one of my all-time old favorites from childhood, and I was so thrilled to look through it again--can't wait to share it with my grandkids! I had been mystified when your reply to my question indicated that the fragmented memory I had of a missing girl and boy didn't seem to be from this story. Yet I couldn't find ANY other book with E. Wilkin pictures that we had had in our family collection that would fit. Well, on the two-page spread near the end, where all the children are shown together, the text reads "Where is Barbie? Where is Don? You will find them if you look, on the first page of our book." (they are shown on the title page!) So that explains it, and now I can quit puzzling over this and move on! Just tickled to finally find the answer and wanted to share this with other LGB collectors!

nana/mama

Chatty
happy
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1