1 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 2989 times)  

There is a book exchange here in my home town. Once a week my mother and I visit it and get some new books, first stop in the place she always hits is the children's section. Today she picked up one of The Little Golden Books, it was Pinocchio, the thing about this book is that I can tell just by looking at it, it's extremely old. Written on the inside of the book is "Paul Page Jan. 1955" The gold strip that is on the spine of the book is not like it is on the newer books. LOL It's not real shiny gold like the usual ones I've seen. I searched a few other sites that said different ways to find out what series the books come from and different things. Since I can't seem to figure this out like I should be able to I am asking for your help, here is the following information I think would be useful in helping me.

The first inside cover page says the following:
Walt Disney's
Pinocchio
Illustrations By The Walt Disney Studio
Adapted By Campbell Grant
From the Walt Disney Motion Picture "Pinocchio"
Based On The Story By Collodi

Simon & Schuster
New York

And then the page on the flip side of that one says:

The Little Golden Books Are Prepared Under The Supervision Of
Mary Reed, Ph.D.
Formally Of Teachers College, Columbia University

(then there is a picture of Pinocchio with books and an apple)

Walt Disney Books
The Little Golden Books are here to bring you, in gay color, delightful stories and illustrations adapted from the world-famous Walt Disney Motion Pictures. In them you will find Pinocchio, The Three Little Pigs, Bambi, Dumbo, Uncle Remus, and many other well-loved Disney characters. And, as Walt Disney makes new pictures, you will find more Walt Disney books in The Little Golden Library.

Copyright 1939, 1948, By Walt Disney Productions, all rights reserved throughout the world by Walt Disney productions. Designed and produces by the Sandpiper Press and artists and writers guild, INC. Printed in the United States Of America by Western Printing and Lithographing Co. Published by Simon and Schuster, INC., Rockefeller Center, New York 20, N. Y.

That's the information I have on the book other then the actually Pinocchio story it's self. The other side I looked into also said that the last page of the book will have a letter and that will explain what series the book is the letter on the last page is "F"

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give to me. I would love to know if this book has any value. Smile Thanks, Kelly

curious
1 posts :: Page 1 of 1