3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6778 times)  

Hi--I have heard of a line of children's books called See Saw Books published by Simon and Schuster (who used to publish Little Golden Books). I have been searching for "My Toy Box", illustrated by Eloise Wilkin; it seems to be one of the See Saw books; it is not shown in Steve Santi's Collecting Little Golden Books (my copy is 4th ed.) I have been unable to find out much about the See Saw Books; I found one other title, but there are others. Do any of you know anything about this line?

Also, on the back cover of my older copy of the Poky Little Puppy shows eight titles put out as Golden Panorama Books (cover shown on page 212 of my 4th ed. of Steve's reference book). My Toy Box is one of them, but is not listed in the Master Index; I think the other seven titles are all Little Golden Books and are listed in the Master Index. Except for the back cover shown on page 212, there is no other information about Golden Panorama Books. Anyone know anything about these? Thanks for any light you can shed on these two book lines!

nana/mama

Chatty
curious

Panorama books were advertised on backs of lgb's in 1963.Not much is known.
SeeSaw books were short lived in 1952. New titles were advertised on the book backs but never printed.
Eloise Wilkin is a highly collectible illustrator.

Thanks for the info on See Saw and Panorama books. That's intriguing that the titles shown on the back of the See Saw books were never printed--too bad. I did succeed in finding a copy of "My Toy Box" online and am now awaiting its delivery. I'm sure it will be another Eloise Wilkin delight to share with my granddaughters (and grandson when he gets a little older!) I so love sharing these classic treasures with them, if only to show them there is more to the world of books and literature than Disney, Dora, Backyardigans, etc. (as fine and high-quality as these all are.)

nana/mama

Chatty
happy
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1