6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 8873 times)  

I'm trying to locate a Little Golden Book that was about two squirrels. I believe one of the squirrel's name was Scoot. This was my sister's favorite book when she was little and we cannot remember the name of it. Does anyone know what the title might be and where I might be able to purchase it. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Pam, While searching for another book, I spotted a Rand McNally Elf Book (similar to Little Golden Books) titled "The Squirrel Twins", c. 196l by Helen Wing, illustrated by Elizabeth Webbe. I know nothing else about it, but sounds like it could be the book you're looking for. Amazon has copies for under $5.00, plus $3.99 shipping, in good condition. Other used-book websites probably have copies, too, so you could compare prices. Hope this helps!

nana/mama

Chatty
cheerful

Your looking for the Rand McNally Jr Elf book, The Animals Train Ride. The squirrels names are Scoot and Skidaddle.

Carol, The Squirrel Twins are Chitter and Chatter. Good try, though. :-)

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

Oops, well, it sounded promising! Pam, "The Animals Train Ride", by Miriam Clark Potter (wonderful author!), is on Amazon (probably many other sites as well). There is a 26-page edition and a 32-page edition (sometimes the books have been abridged, which I can't stand!) The 32-pager is in very good condition for $4.95 plus $3.99 shipping. So now you've got the correct title and a start in finding a copy; happy hunting!

nana/mama

Chatty
cheerful

Thank you all for your help on locating this book for me (actually it's a surprise for my sister). Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1