4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4837 times)  

Hi

I'm desparately trying to get the name of a golden book I had in my childhood. It was about trains, planes, air balloons and other things. I remember that some of the words were ' I like trains, big trains, small trains....', ' I like cars, red cars, blue cars....', ' I like boats big boats...' etc There was no set story or a central character but just topics of things I like.
The thing I really liked about the book was that the drawings were very good and really fun, each page had a lot of detailed drawing of animals doing things like driving a car, sailing in boats etc.
Please let me know if you remember the title or anything that will help me locate it.
I'd appreciate any help possible.

Thanks

Hi, this is a Little Golden Book by Margaret Wise Brown, originally published in 1954 called "The Friendly Book". Pictures were done by Garth Williams; both author and illustrator are prolific, famous children's books creators. It was reprinted many times--I got a copy in 1981 when my oldest kids were young. There are copies of the 1981 edition on Amazon right now; one is only 99 cents plus $3.99 shipping. Other editions at different prices, too. If you want a copy, they are out there!

nana/mama

Chatty
cheerful

Hi
If you are looking for the Friendly Book I do have at least one on my website- www.schultzsllc.com. Call if I can tell you what certain pages look like. 262-968-5135. Dick

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1