4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 11018 times)  

On the front cover:
Walt Disney's Uncle Remus Stories / 13 Walt Disney Adaptations of the Original Tales by Joel Chandler Harris / A Giant Golden Book.
I can't find out anything about this in Santi or anywhere else. Anybody know? Illustrations are by Al Dempster and Bill Justice (adapted from the Disney film). The number on spine is 554, and on front it's 554-195. It's 57 pp. The copyright page says "1946, 1947". That's all, none of the usual indicators present, no letter sequence, nothing hidden in the rear gutter. I'd appreciate any help...
Thanks!
Jeffrey

This book was first published in 1947 and as late as 1986 with still the same stories.It can be valued at 6.00 to 35.00.

I found this book in an antique store just going through the books. I think it is the same one. It has a blue cover and a pic of brer rabbit and all on the front. It was with a lot of children's books. I snatched it up and I think I paid $25 but it was worth it. Sitting on a coffee table right now! My suggestion is just to keep your eyes open and rummage around antique shops and old book stores. Good luck!

I have what I believe to be a 1947 edition of this book. Apart from the yellowing and some damage to the base and top of the spine and a small vendors sticker on the for of the fourth page it is good very good shape for a 64-year old book. Any idea where I would price this with an eye to a sale? Thanks for your help mcaffrey01@qub.ac.uk

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1