2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3474 times)  

I've got a ton of LGBs that I need to go through to determine value. Most I can figure out but I've got some that aren't as clear. First is 'A Day in the Jungle' that really has no printing information other than a 1943 copyright. I believe it should have a dust cover because it's bound in blue on the spine. Next is 'Scuffy The Tugboat' with similar info but it has a copyright of 1946 as well as a dust cover with a .25 price on it. Lastly I have a fourth edition of Tootle with a dust cover.
I know the first two may be considered a 'Stated First Edition'. What exactly is that? Thanks!

By: Likes:

The first two as you described them would not be, "Stated First Edition's" .
If they only have a copyright and no mention of an edition and have the blue spine it can be assumed that they are First Editions.
A 'Stated First Edition' would have had written on the copyright page, something like, "First Printing, June, 1945 "

You can assume that all LGB's with a blue binding had a Dust Jacket except for one title. The Night Before Christmas had a Blue Spine but was never produced with a Dust Jacket. Or at least in my 33 years of collecting I've never seen or heard of anyone finding one.

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1