3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4336 times)  

HELP!! I don't know where to start. I collect Little Golden Books that started as a joke. Not knowing some where worth money. I just loved the pictures and stories. Plus the fact that they help teach children how to read and so much more. While looking on eBay I noticed a Little Golden Book called The Blue Book of Fairy Tales was going for nearly $1,400.00!! It was a late edition too. I have the book and it is a 'B' edition, but I cant find the value. How do I know how much this so called 'rare' book is worth? It is in unused condition with no writing or anything.

confused

Just because someone on Ebay is asking $1,400.00, does not mean it's worth that much. There's also a first edition on ebay starting a $2.00. My guess is that if some one really wanted the book badly , it may sell for $10 -$15. There's no difference in the story of the "B" edition and a new edition what may sell for under a dollar.

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

Each day I search, I find very overinflated prices on books of all kinds. I would hope a buyer would do a little research before paying a larger price for a book. Usually it is a book that is a little harder to find, so the seller wants to make a quick buck. Any hard to find book can be found at a reasonable price if you are patient...happy hunting!!

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1