4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 5824 times)  

I have a book that we brought home from my husband's grandmother's house a few years ago. We've read it so much, the front cover has been torn off. (It was old when we brough it home...) I am looking to buy another copy but I cannot find out the name of it! It's driving me crazy. lol It is a book of Nursery Rhymes that all pertain to numbers. The first one is One, Two, Three...I love coffee and Billy loves tea...

It includes Monday's Child is Fair of Face, Baa Baa Black Sheep, One, Two, Buckle my Shoe and others. Can anyone help me??

Tia
"Because skipping forward is boring..."
www.skippingsideways.com

The book is probably "Counting Rhymes", illustrated by Sharon Kane. I think there is an older LGB by that title also illustrated by Corinne Malvern? Not sure; we're moving soon, and my reference book by Steve Santi, Collecting Little Golden Books, is packed! Perhaps Steve himself can tell you; he posts replies here sometimes. But I'm pretty sure it's Counting Rhymes; if I saw a photo of any of the pages, I could tell you which illustrator it is--they're both very distinctive art styles, and each is charming.

If you would look up Counting Rhymes on a website such as ebay, or Steve's website, thesantis.com, there will be a photo of the cover which could help you identify the book. Hope this helps!

nana/mama

Chatty
thoughtful

it is counting rhymes pubished in 1960 i have one Big Grin

Thank you so much!! I'll order it. Smile

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1