5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6293 times)  

Hello.
Now have collected LGB with Simon & Schuster and no mention of Western Publishing.
Only reference to year is 10th Printing or nothing at all.
Back cover is golden with list from 1 to 36. So how do these fit into the years they were printed?
The spine is completely gold no black and gold.
Thanks. booko.

A title would help. In my guidebook there is no years when the list on the back is 1-36. 1-27 is 1947-1048; 1-34 is 1948; 1-53 and D10 is 1948 and 1949. Simon and Schuster is listed as publisher on all the early books with no mention of Western. A solid gold spine is unusual in those older paper spines. The metallic spines do loose their black however from use. There are solid gold spines on some of the alphabet set in 1965.

Hello Goldhunt,
Thanks for quick reply.
The Little Red Hen is one of the books with blue spine cloth.
It has ( I hope this is right), the four colour pages. 2 black white and 2 coloured.
throughout the book? Numbers are 1 -34.
Spine on this one is blue cloth. 6th Print. No author
just illustrated by Rudolf. Name in belong to box. Bumped cover corners edges.
Spine binding tight. Yellowing of pages. Some pages coloured in.
Other is Prayers for Children. No author. illustrated Rachel Taft Dixon.
four colour pages. 2 black white then 2 coloured. No.1-36 back and D1 - D6.
Spine on this one is golden leaves flowers in paper not foil. Spine binding tight
Coloured in pages on every page. Name in belong to box. Bumped cover corners
edges. Thank you booko.

Little Red Hen - A first edition in mint condition would be 40.00 US. Yours is a 6th with colored on pages which have yellowed so I would reduce that bu 1/2.
Prayers for Children - This book has a value of 10.00, first edition which is an "S" and mint condition. Becasue it is colored in and has visible wear. I would say about 4.00. it is very difficult to give a value sight unseen. these are my best guesses. Holly

Thank you Holly. Great help.
Happy collecting. regards Pauline.

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1