4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6040 times)  

A local dealer here in Pennsylvania has posted the following on Craigslist, and I'm curious what everyone thinks:

4,000 Golden Books for $500

4,000 or so little golden books. Not picked through. From the 1940's to current. Lots of 1st editions. Some good condition some not good. HUGE deal.

===============================

What are your first reactions? Is this a "huge" deal?

I'd be looking to see something along the lines of $1,500 to $2,000 in resale value, even if it took me a few years.

The value would be good if most were older books. The value would not be if they weremostly 5 digit, newer titles. Many older books can be sold 6.00 and higher. Most newer books are 50 cents. It would also take time to go through 4000 books to make that determination. I would buy and then try to improve my collection. If you are primarily buying for resale I would ask questions first or try to view what they had.

Thanks. Yeah, I was interested in going to the Golden Book collectors for input. I'm a part-time used-book dealer, but have very little experience with children's books. My Spider Sense usually tells me not to buy in bulk unless you're getting them for around a nickel a book, so this price does seem a little high to me.

I have a little Golden Book "the Three Bears" how much would i get out of it?

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1