4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 5885 times)  

Hey!

First let me say I just found your website today and am utterly impressed by your Little Golden Books collection and knowledge! I've always love the old LGBs! :^)

Now on to my question: I picked up a Little Golden Stamp Book and am curious about the value of it. I know it has a lot going for it!

1) It's illustrated by the lovely Eloise Wilkin.
2) It is an "A" edition (at spine on last page).
3) The stamps have not been removed and are in beautiful condition!

The inside pages look to have never even been read. They do have a slightly bumped upper right corner. No other creasing or tears. There is no writing at all - not even on nameplate. Pages have the usual browning from age. The cover has some wear - mainly on edges and back. There is a small (about 5/8" by 3/8" ) tear in paper on cover where I'm sure a price tag was removed at some point in its journey.

Any help/guidance would be much appreciate! Thank you so much!

Shawn

curious

Thanks for the wonderful comment on this site. I sometimes think I should update it but to a newbie all the information is always great so I leave it alone. I should do more pictures someday.

The golden stamp books have not been in a guidebook for sometime so I will give you my best guess( knowledge). The book is not mint as you said it has a few flaws. Finding one with the stamps unstamped in the book is always great. I would guess this book could have a value of 15-20 dollars. My reason being Eloise Wilkin is always collectible and increases the value. I have seen many stamp books priced higher but do not see them sell often. You could look at this title on ebay and see what people are asking and getting in the sold items. The problem is finding a collector who needs the stamp book.

Thanks so much for the quick reply and for the info! I really appreciate it! I may list it a slight bit higher and just see what happens. I'll come back and let you know what it does end up selling for!

And I'll definitely be browsing around your site a lot more, too! Thanks so much for the wealth of information you offer!! :^)

Well, I ended up listing it in my Etsy shop for $28 and it already sold yesterday! Maybe I should have started it even a little higher, lol! But I bought it at an estate sale for 25? so I made a nice profit anyways. :^)

Thanks again for the help!

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1