6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 8336 times)  

I recently found a copy of Pierre Bear by Patsy Scarry (pictures by Richard Scarry). The cover and spine are in good condition with wearing at the top and bottom of the silver spine and around the edge of the covers. There is no writing in it. It is missing the back page which I know is very unfortunate. I was told that this is now very collectible and that even with the missing final page, that I should know its value for insurance purposes. Is there any one in particular who might appraise and value such a book?
Thank you

The value of a book with a page missing would be $0.

Thank you for the reply Goldhunt. Might I ask what your qualifications are considering there are other books with missing pages (and more than one) that are currently being sold for collections?

I have been a collector since 1986. I have hosted this site since 2001. I am friends with and have shared info with both of the authors of golden guide books. I cannot give you any other informaton than it has a value of $0 as it is not a complete book.

The value of a Little Golden Book missing page(s) to a collector should be $0.
If a collector was at a fleamarket and saw what they considered a difficult title and it was missing a page, they may pay a buck or two to use a filler until they found a complete one. But the value of the book with the missing page would still be worth $0 because the collector would probably throw it away after they found their good one.

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

thanks, Steve for the post!

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1