3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3958 times)  

Good Morning from Mesa, AZ. Just started collecting Goldens and have found quite a few locally in my QUEST for a complete collection. Ha!! Ha!! Complete collection that is. I guess my grandson and his grandsons will have to carry on the obsession. These books can be very addicting and even bring back a few memories. Anyway, can anyone tell me how to remove writing from inside the book? For example - This book belong to - Timmy- or the favorite one of mine, in my quest for Goldens and Dr. Suess, "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Birthday from Aunt Gertrude and Uncle Cecil". These can either be in the form of Pencil, Crayon, or the dreaded INK PEN. If these inscriptions add ambience then I'll leave alone, if they can be removed that would tickle me blue. Pink's a girl's color. Please advise. Thank you, New Kid On The Block (not age wise anyway).

freakingout

Pencil is the only thing that can be erased as far as I know and in the older books the paper is so porous that does not always work.
I tried to use a library product on ink and it just didn't work without a mess left behind. Anybody else have some ideas???

You can remove crayon with rubber cement if the page isn't brittle. When the rubber cement dries and you rub it off, crayon will rub off too.me

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1