4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 5799 times)  

Good evening! I am looking for a Little Golden Book that my Aunt and myself used to read 26 years ago... She has a recording of me from when I was a 3 year old reading it to her... Any who, she has gone through the books she has from me and her child, and we can not seem to find it... I am not 100% sure of what is in it, and all I can remember is a line or 2... Can someone please help? I do NOT think that it is the Little Golden Book Cars and Trucks, but I could be wrong... What I remember is, "I like cars. Big cars, little cars. Red cars, blue cars. I like cars." As I type this, I almost wonder if it IS the Cars and Trucks book... If anyone can help, I would be thankful. Thank you and have a blessed evening!

Stephanie

hopeful

It is late over in Australia now but this is not a golden book but an early reader put out through DK. I can remember the book well but with thousands of books in my home cannot put my hand on it.

My mother read that book to me when I was a child. The golden book title is "The Friendly Book" by Margaret Wise Brown illustrator Garth Williams 1954. I was 2 at that time. It has been re-published and is currently available. Good Luck and Enjoy!

Dear Stephanie, I am not sure if you ever received a reply about your question, however just this past weekend was given a very "rough" copy of this book and it has not cover or back but I believe the book is called I Like Cars......I like cars, A car in a garage, A car with a load, A car with a flat tire, A car on the road,I like cars. Does this sound familiar at all???? It goes on to I Like Trains, I like Stars, I like Snow, I Like Seeds, I Like Bugs, I like Fish, I like Dogs, and I like boats... I have no idea what year it was published but I hope this helps you in some way.
Happy Hunting,
Suzanne

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1